Monday, November 15, 2010

Xerox Project

Well this project was really weird haha. I had to have my friend hold my leg while I xeroxed myself standing on a high chair so I could reach the copy machine. It was a little scary when I had to do my feet because I had to stand on the xerox machine... I did not want to buy the school a new copy machine... not good haha. It was interesting to see what I was going to do with my xerox'd self. It's a little creepy to see myself staring at me whenever I look at the pillow on my couch. With this project, I wanted to let people know how I felt when someone tries to quiet me.... F-U... that's why I had cut off the fingers except the bird to express exactly what was going through my head. 

3 comments:

  1. Your project involving different body parts on a pillow case was pretty cool.

    One side of the pillow really gave me a kind of an eastern religious feeling. The 3 pictures were aligned perfectly. The eyes on the hands and finger going up the face, with the inserted cutout, really gave a spiritual presence (middle picture). Like if the center was some meditating Godess. The two replica pictures on either side added a guardian feeling to the center piece.

    Overall this side of the pillow was my favorite for the abstract use of body parts mismatched together to give a more significant personality presence.

    The other side was cool too with the fingers saying no. See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil was the feeling I got when looking at this side of the piece. Very good of using various parts the feet, hands, ears, lips, etc. They all fit together perfectly.

    The use of a black pillow for the background was brilliant. It matched perfectly to the images and really centered our eyes to the piece.

    I really enjoyed this work.

    Great Job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thuuuuy, i liked this piece very much. it is a very versatile artwork. loved that it also functioned as a pillow. so sickk. i also liked that you cut off all your fingers except the bird. amazing. love your work so far in this class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was really cool. It was cool to see functionality come out of an art project.

    ReplyDelete