Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Great Crash

The crash of the stock market in 1929 or any year is something I don't think about or do I want to. You'd think I should know what happened as this is my country and economy blah blah blah. I don't like to think about money =(


crash.gifAnyways, wealth was a big thing during the roaring twenties. People had lots of it and was using it excessively. So why did the market crash? The market prices were increasing like crazy and everyone thought everyone else could handle the high prices, but boy were they wrong. People could not handle the high prices so there was a dramatic drop in the market so that caused the prices of the stocks to go way down. Major money was being lost during this time. This caused a chain reaction to everything else happening in the country. Properties were losing their values as real estates weren't doing well. The chain reaction led up to the Great Depression that lasted for decades.

No comments:

Post a Comment