Sunday, September 12, 2010

Madama Butterfly

Madama Butterfly has been on my must watch list for a while. After Santiago showing a scene from the opera in class, I definitely have to go get a recording of that opera and watch it.

I've always been fascinated by music/singing. Of course I can't sing, but I just love to close my eyes and hear anyone sing (hopefully someone that can carry a pitch). Singing opera style is amazing. It takes so much talent to be able to carry such pitches and difficult notes and act at the same time! Even though operas can be long, I love them. So far I've only been able to see one awesome opera called Lucia di Lammermoor. It's really good! 


This short stop motion animation is so awesome and amazing! Kudos to the artist for being able to make this creative version of the opera, Madama Butterfly. The artist told the whole story in less than 11 minutes versus 2-3 hours! This animation is captivating with the details and symbolism. The part where she gave birth and the end were my favorite parts... so much emotions and creativity!


Here's another version of Madama Butterfly 


No comments:

Post a Comment