Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Video Art

Originally I recorded each of my eyes, my nose, my mouth, and my whole face. I layered and resized my whole face into my each of my eyes. From there, I just started layering my mouth, nose, eyes on top of my face. After I did that, I exported the video then imported it back in, in certain areas. Then I imported the video again and flipped it upside down and layered it on top of the whole video. Viola. 



I never expected to have something so weird come out, but I like it. The audio that I added just made the video art complete. Love.

6 comments:

  1. Your piece entitled "see" was very appealing to me. It gave an almost eerie big brother-esque feeling. Loved it and the music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was amazing, the many layers of video created images all over the scene, so much to look at and take in. Lots of depth in the video and your voice over worked perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved your music; it was perfect for the video. all the layers and morphing was really effective and interesting. your work always has a hint of a dark side to it, which i really enjoy. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your video was very interesting. I really enjoyed all of the layering and the music u were able to create. The collage face was kind of creepy but it worked out in the end. Great Job

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, very good piece. Very indepth to sight. I loved the looping job you did with your voice.

    Must have took you a while with the layers of video work and editing, still awesome performance and idea.

    Keep this idea and concepts, it will be good for your portfolio and future works.

    Good job, have a good holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the environment created by the sounds and your voice saying just one word phrases. Putting your face together "backwards" produces a surreal feeling because our brains expect certain things from a human face and when it doesn't happen it's weird. Also, the juxtaposition of your reverse images allowed you to experiment with symmetry and repetition. Hey, your piece must be art, because it brought out the "J" word.

    Good Job.

    ReplyDelete